Candace DeBarger has 37 years in financial services, including 30 years at Mastercard. She has a foundation in debit card operations and technology, project management, and product management. The latter half of her career has been spent working with financial institutions under $10B in assets, helping them to grow and manage their debit and credit card programs. Candace has a deep understanding of network profitability, card program KPIs, card marketing strategies and the connection between an engaged card user and profitable checking customer.
- Part of the original team that launched the Maestro network in 1992, writing business and technical requirements, network operating rules, and managing the third-party provider.
- Led the multi-million dollar project to migrate the Mastercard debit switch in-house in 1999.
- Managed the introduction of the first general-purpose prepaid cards to the US market.
- Part of the leadership team that launched the Mastercard debit processing platform.
- Negotiated over 100 network brand contracts with banks from $30B in assets down to $150MM.
- Managed the Elan relationship team and Elan clients as they migrated to the Fiserv platform.