Mike is a management professional with more than 25 years of experience in organizational transformation and acceleration, specializing in financial technology and operations. He has served as CIO for multiple financial institutions and financial technology companies. In these roles, Mike regularly developed and lead execution of strategic business and technology plans including infrastructure design as well as assessment, selection, and negotiation of core and ancillary solutions. Throughout Mike’s career, he has been effective at communicating strategic, tactical and operational planning from the board room to the server room and operational floors to meet organizational objectives.
- Served as CEO of a regional technology center for community financial institutions in the Midwest.
- Experienced CIO, holding this role for multiple financial institutions.
- Managed all IT functions and resources at a community bank. Aligned IT resources with business goals while maintaining a strong IT governance program.
- Led banks through multiple core and ancillary conversions, in addition to overseeing an in-house to outsource migration.
- Oversaw maturation of IT policies, controls and processes resulting in improved regulatory compliance following the doubling of an organization’s size.
- Implemented enterprise-wide upgrade to telephone circuits resulting in a reduction of telecommunication costs exceeding $20M in one financial institution.
- Assisted in capturing an additional $500,000 annually in fee revenue at a mid-sized community bank by identifying a 50% waived fee rate and developing a management tracking system leading to a 35% increase in captured fees.
- Achieved an 80% reduction in forecasted operating expenses at a mid-sized community bank by developing an implementing a strategic plan to internalize administration of the core accounting application.
- Has developed extensive experience performing comparative cost/benefit analysis for alternative deployment strategies and competitive solution providers.