Phil has over 18 years’ of proven experience in financial services and Debit Card management. Previously worked on Debit Card portfolio of P&L at Bank of America and MUFG Union Bank. He has effectively guided organizations in vendor selection and processor conversions. Been heavily engaged on product innovations, including Mobile Wallets, contactless, and EMV migration as a member of the EMV forum. Phil has also led strategy and marketing development, P&L and performance dashboard development. Prior to joining PRI, Phil was a Senior Director at Visa, consulting with Community banks and credit unions before supporting a Regional Bank client.
- Developed and managed Debit Card P&L’s and performance dashboards. Led process to align key performance metrics with growth and expense save strategies.
- Led development and execution of pricing changes to balance customer experience and drive fee income. Performed competitive analysis on fees, executed customer qualitative research to identify and prioritize potential fee changes. Changes resulted in a 45% increase in fee revenue.
- Created and led in branch sales pilots to drive card feature penetration through employee engagement and training, resulting in a 30% increase in feature penetration.
- Managed network and processor vendor relationships for debit card issuers, including RFP through contract negotiation and execution. Developed reporting routines to ensure vendor commitments were met.
- Led evaluation and development of marketing programs to drive card penetration, activation and usage. Promotions evaluated include incentive based and awareness only promotions, media, in branch, onboarding and seasonal campaigns.
- Managed a regulated bank debit portfolio through Reg ii / Durbin transition, including development of tactics to help offset revenue impacts.