Shawn has over 25 years of proven experience in community financial institutions in the midwest and the south. Shawn’s experience includes managing all aspects of credit analysis and commercial lending, loan and deposit operations, retail branch administration, and call center. He has successfully managed and supervised departments of 2-18 people. Shawn has previously served as Chief Operating Officer, Director of Commercial Lending, and Loan Operations Manager in community banks and credit unions.
- Primary areas of expertise include lending and lending operations, credit underwriting, loan policy, risk grading, process improvement, and software implementation and development.
- Led multiple software implementations including Baker Hill’s Bank2Business solution. This increased turnaround by approximately 50% by designing different workflows using credit scoring models for smaller, less complicated credit requests.
- Led loan software administration at a $1B bank (includes Encompass, DecisionPro, LaserPro, IBS-Collections).
- Experience with multiple systems including but not limited to: CreditQuest, Fiserv Director, Fiserv Business Analytics, and Fiserv Business Process Manager.
- Served on multiple committees, including loan committees, IT Steering Committee, Compliance Committee, and ALCO.
- Implemented loan document imaging for loan files at a $1B bank