Sue Schmiedeler, Project Manager
Sue is a proven leader with a long track record of successfully managing projects, processes, products and people at financial institutions. She has a practical understanding of how to solve complex problems using a common sense approach. Sue’s over 30 years of experience with financial institutions spans areas such as accounting, operations and finance, treasury services, electronic banking and system conversion management. Her collaborative approach helps her teams and clients achieve measurable results.
- Managed a data integrity, data mapping and user experience design initiative in preparation for a core conversion.
- Seamlessly launched a commercial banking platform to include core, online banking, remote deposit, item processing, ACH, wire, account analysis and positive pay systems, on time and within project budget.
- Achieved the goal of minimal business disruption when upgrading the consumer Temenos collections system.
- Developed and maintained a strategic product roadmap for all cash management products.
- Developed many policies and procedures that accurately reflect department and company processes.
- Developed a Project Management Office to a team of 6 highly effective project managers that led multiple projects varying in size and scope, working across multiple product lines and business units.
- Led large project teams of up to 75 people in successful acquisition activities of four banks and a successful conversion of core and ancillary systems.
- Led or participated in multiple application installations including online banking, electronic statements, account opening platform, teller platform and remote deposit system.
- Managed and contributed to RFP processes and vendor selection for lockbox systems, credit card programs and core systems.
- Project management qualifications include Certified Project Manager Professional status.
- Led the vendor selection for a full systems conversion including core and all ancillary products of a large multi-billion dollar financial institution.
- Led core conversion projects, including testing, project management and implementation.