Ty has over 30 years of financial services experience both in bank consulting and management. As a consultant, he has worked with financial institutions to identify areas to increase profitability, productivity, and efficiency in bank operations. Managing projects and directing teams are his strengths in providing high performance solutions for clients. During his career, Ty has had extensive experience in consulting projects for community and regional banks nationwide, ranging from $250 million to $10 billion in asset size. Areas of expertise include the following: Strategic Planning, Management Consulting, Executive Coaching, Project Management, Organization Alignment, Lending (Commercial, Consumer, Mortgage, Credit Administration, and Loan Operations), Retail Banking, Technology, and Risk Management.
- Assessed the lending department using the following approach; o Analyze loan origination, processing and servicing; including related systems and technologies utilized. o Utilization and recommendation of Industry Benchmarks and Best Practices. o Technology and software selection, utilization and functionality; including loan imaging. o Risk Management, Lending Compliance and Quality Control
- Developed staffing models, including reviewing lending staff qualifications and lending department staffing levels.
- Reviewed Lending Process and Credit Risk functions: process, procedures and credit risk controls.
- Reviewed all underwriting, loan policies and credit procedures.
- Lending Training: 6 “Ps” of Lending Success, Loan Pricing and Negotiation Skills.
- Reviewed metrics associated with the reports (loan growth, concentrations, problem loans, past due loans, non-accrual loans, loan loss/charge-offs, OREO, ALLL, Stress-Testing etc.)
- Led strategic planning sessions with bank board and management that created three-year strategic plans.